1. Your mini fridge and purse are always stuffed with snacks.
Nobody likes it when we get hangry…
2. Lab involves recipe experimentation.
Some experiments turn out better than others
3. You LOVE learning about food!
4. You’ve tried to explain “dietetics” one too many times.
Nutrition…it means I study nutrition
5. You actually get excited when you see kale salad on the menu.
6. Your instagram feed is full of food puns.
Lettuce turnip the beet!
7. You find yourself spending hours in the grocery store comparing nutrition labels and you don’t mind one bit.
This is my happy place.
8. Your favorite dessert has sweet potato, avocado or black beans in it.
And no one ever knows…
9. Your friends are constantly asking you if something is “healthy”.
And you get SO excited to share your knowledge and passion for nutrition.
10. And then they constantly judge your food choices.
I’m not on a diet, just trying to get all the nutrients I can by eating ALL the fruits and veggies. And yes, I love salad (silence).
11. Especially when they see you eat something “unhealthy”.
Friend: ummm I thought you were a nutrition major?
You: I am, but I’m also human.
Friend: oh….so you don’t only eat salads?
12. You’ve totally freaked out about Medical Nutrition Therapy, Biochem, Organic Chem (or all of the above).
I feel like I haven’t learned anything!
13. And you feel so good when the test is over and you’ve ACED the material.
14. You’ve mastered the PES statement.
Dang that feels good.
15. Since your food safety course, you kind of freak out about taking food temperatures and following proper sanitation guidelines when cooking at home.
Ummmm…that chicken breast is cooked to 165 degrees Fahrenheit… right? And you washed your hands immediately after handling the raw chicken?
16. The thought of applying for a dietetic internship/grad school is like….
17. Despite all the stress and hard work, you know that it will all be worth it when you are in a career you are truly passionate about!
LET’S HEAR IT!
What #RD2Be moments can you relate to?
P.S. ARE YOU IN YET? As an AAI member, you’ll join hundreds of future dietitians, and get the confidence and clarity you need to get a dietetic internship! Choose your membership