The semester is in full swing and that means it’s crunch time for dietetic internship applications! If you are hoping to apply for an internship this spring, the deadline for applications is February 15.
If you are hoping to apply for the application this fall or next spring, make note of these tasks and you’re application process will be a breeze (kind of!).
Your Step-By-Step Guide to the Dietetic Internship Application
Research accredited Dietetic Internship (DI) programs.
- Make a spreadsheet of which programs sound interesting to you. This will allow you to compare program requirements side-by-side in one location. Items to include in this spread sheet are:
- # of Applicants
- # of Applicants Accepted
- Min GPA Required
- Avg. GPA of Current Students
- Length of Program
- Full-Time or Part-Time
- Advanced Degree?
- Other Program Requirements?
- Interview Required?
- Visit the DI programs’ open houses online or in person and view their webinars to make sure you know everything about the program.
Set up an appointment with your academic advisor or DPD director to discuss the application process and programs you are interested in.
Write the application due/important dates on your calendar.
Have all supplemental application requirements prepared prior to the opening date of the application.
- Preceptors (if completing a distance dietetic internship)
- Letters of Recommendation
- List of Transcripts Needed
- Credit Hours Completed
- Personal Statement
- Volunteer Experience/Extracurricular Activities
- Awards and Achievements
Register with D&D Digital computer matching program.
- $55 fee
- Deadlines listed on the D&D Digital website
Apply using the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Service (DICAS).
- $45 fee for the first DI program, $20 for each additional DI program application.
- Make sure to read everything and complete the entire application.
Rank programs on D&D Digital.
Hit the submit button on DICAS and wait for Match Day!
View Jenny’s video below for more application process details
P.S. If you’re feeling nervous about the application process, have no fear! All Access Internships is here. Check out our GUIDES and COACHING services. Over 80% of our coaching clients get matched, according to our annual client survey!