We may not all be Irish, but we love celebrating any holiday with fun food. Rather than preparing the traditional Irish or St. Patrick’s Day fare, we decided to make all things GREEN this year.
See what’s at the top of our list with 5 healthy green St. Patrick’s Day recipes:
- Avocado Black Bean Quesadillas from This Savory Vegan
Avocados are a great source of heart healthy fat, and black beans are full of plant-based protein and fiber. These green tortillas make for a perfect St. Patrick’s Day meal!
- All Day Glow Green Smoothie from Oh She Glows
Coconut water, mango juice, granny smith apples, romaine, parsley, avocado, lemon and turmeric make this smoothie the perfect green for St. Patrick’s day, full of nutrients, and deliciously creamy.
- Green Banana Flour Brownie Bites from Spicy RD Nutrition
OK, so these aren’t green when you make them, but they are made from green banana flour which is a resistant starch that helps promote a healthy and happy gut microbiome!
- Green Curry Scallops from Pinch of Yum
Spicy green curry combines with coconut milk and almond milk to make a luxurious and creamy base for this wonderful dish. It may not be Irish, but it sure is green!
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Garlic Pesto from Minimalist Baker
Potatoes are a wonderful complex carb, rumor has it the Irish love them, and this vibrantly flavored pesto is just the color we were looking for.
LET’S HERE IT:
- What is a favorite St. Patrick’s Day meal you like to enjoy?